Donut Steal tormenting imaginary friends
Oh fuck I am so lazy. Sorry about the NO UPDATES for the past two months, but all I can say is I’m not interested enough in keeping this thing swimming with updates as I once was.
Also, S01E01 8:33. You’re welcome, or adversely, 3/10 for making me check.
Reblog if you want your followers to ask you anything they’re curious about.
It’s going to be a loooooooong and painful hiatus, so I guess a few questions couldn’t hurt too much.
YO THERE ARE SPOILERS INCOMING
I’m going to pick up from my previous entry of episode v episode by season. It was 8-11 in season 2s favor, but only because both sides got a freebie, so let’s start things off with the only tie from there:
Sonic Rainboom vs Read It and Weep
- I don’t know WHY I ever had trouble making this choice. I guess I still had that “new episode” high that lingers for a couple of weeks. RIAW was fun and all (especially that over-the-top way that Ahuizotl tried to do away with Daring), but SR tops it by being easier to relate to. I consider it important in a children’s show to put characters in a type of scenario that even pre-schoolers and those starting primary (grades 1-4~) can emphasize with. A normally confident braggart like Rainbow Dash showing doubt makes her more realistic, and inherently, more likeable. Also, Rarity’s getup.
A Dog and Pony Show vs Putting Your Hoof Down
- I was hoping for more “adventure” episodes in season two, and an episode about the quiet and socially awkward pony being bossy but still socially awkward isn’t going to cut it and only makes me yearn more for a Pinkie and Rarity episode in season three.
Green Isn’t Your Color vs It’s About Time
- >Any episode this season
- >Thinking they stand a chance against an episode with my favorite pony and my favorite one-shot character
- I LAUGH AT YOU
Over a Barrel vs Dragon Quest
- Spike is a great support character, but he has struggled to hold and episode up by himself, and this is no exception. Let’s just leave it that his support role in OaB is stronger than his lead role in DQ.
A Bird in the Hoof vs Hurricane Fluttershy
- Rainbow Dash:So some punks poked a little fun at you and you got stage fright, big deal. You aren’t gonna go quit just because of that, are you?
- Fluttershy: Yes!
- GIVING ME FEELS IS THE EQUIVALENT OF HITTING BELOW THE BELT IN BOXING GODDAMN YOU
The Cutie Mark Chronicles vs Ponyville Confidential
- ALL DOSE ORIGIN STORIES. ALL DOSE FILLIES. ALL DOSE HHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGG MOMENTS. Chronicles wasn’t even a CMC episode but instead a whole cast episode where the trio acted as a plot device. While the group is a lot more likeable in this season than the previous, PC, despite being the best Crusaders episode to date, doesn’t hold a candle compared to Chronicles.
Owl’s Well That Ends Well vs MMMystery on the Friendship Express
- When Owl’s Well first aired, it was stupid fucking terrible shitty piece of shit. After a year to reflect on it, it’s STILL a stupid fucking terrible shitty piece of shit. There might be a few episodes I consider to be mediocre or bad, but OWTEW is the only one that I think is “horrible” because the Owl was shit and Spike can’t hold an episode on his own. Pinkie brought her slam jam to MMMotFE. With no “serious” character conflicts or worries, she’s free to be as silly as possible and make wild accusations left and right.
Party of One vs A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1
- PoO is one of those essential episodes in the series and makes for a great gateway for those who want to see what all the fuss over FiM is about (so long as you ignore all that craptastic grimdark fanon bullshit out there). I didn’t care much for the first part of ACW sans Twilight being all pissy and Lyra getting a GOOD voice for her only speaking role. Also I think BBFFF is the worst “full-length” song of the season.
The Best Night Ever vs A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2
- BNE might have had At the Gala, but that finale was OFF DA RAILZ bonkers and salvaged the first half for me. Changeling Queen taunting Twilight in the cave, the duet, the fight with the clones, etc. etc.. While this isn’t the Discord comeback we were expecting (or were praying for), it was a hell of a ride, and now we can expect something from John de Lancie for next season.
In 4-5 months ;_;
So with SR beating RIAW from the original tie, it started it off 8-10, still in season 2s favor. With all episodes aired and matched up, the Episode v Episode by season score is:
WELL FUCK ME SIDEWAYS :V